Definitions of else:
- adjective: other than what is under consideration or implied
Example: "Ask somebody else"
- adverb: (usually used with `or') if not, then
Example: "Watch your step or else you may fall"
- adverb: additional to or different from this one or place or time or manner
Example: "Nobody else is here"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 50000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2369)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #38096)
Search for else at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia