Definitions of estimate:
- noun: a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody
Example: "Many factors are involved in any estimate of human life"
- noun: an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth
Example: "An estimate of what it would cost"
- noun: the respect with which a person is held
- noun: a statement indicating the likely cost of some job
Example: "He got an estimate from the car repair shop"
- noun: a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
- verb: judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
Example: "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- verb: judge to be probable
Search for estimate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia