Definitions of fake:
- noun: something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be
- noun: (football) a deceptive move made by a football player
- noun: a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- verb: make a copy of with the intent to deceive
Example: "He faked the signature"
- verb: fake or falsify
- verb: talk through one's hat
Example: "The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it"
- adjective: not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article
Example: "It isn't fake anything"
- adjective: fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #64216)
Search for fake at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia