Definitions of film:
- noun: a thin coating or layer
Example: "The table was covered with a film of dust"
- noun: photographic material consisting of a base of celluloid covered with a photographic emulsion; used to make negatives or transparencies
- noun: a thin sheet of (usually plastic and usually transparent) material used to wrap or cover things
- noun: a medium that disseminates moving pictures
Example: "Film coverage of sporting events"
- noun: a form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
Example: "The film was shot on location"
- verb: make a film or photograph of something
- verb: record in film
Example: "The coronation was filmed"
Search for film at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia