Definitions of flag:
- noun: a conspicuously marked or shaped tail
- noun: emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design
- noun: stratified stone that splits into pieces suitable as paving stones
- noun: a rectangular piece of fabric used as a signalling device
- noun: flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- noun: a listing printed in all issues of a newspaper or magazine (usually on the editorial page) that gives the name of the publication and the names of the editorial staff, etc.
- noun: plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals
- verb: provide with a flag
Example: "Flag this file so that I can recognize it immediately"
- verb: communicate or signal with a flag
- verb: decorate with flags
Example: "The building was flagged for the holiday"
- verb: become less intense
- verb: droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness
Search for flag at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse