Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of flick:
- noun: a light sharp contact (usually with something flexible)
Example: "He gave it a flick with his finger"
- noun: a form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
- verb: look through a book or other written material
- verb: touch or hit with a light, quick blow
Example: "Flicked him with his hand"
- verb: twitch or flutter
Example: "The paper flicked"
- verb: remove with a flick (of the hand, for example)
- verb: flash intermittently
Example: "The lights flicked on and off"
- verb: shine unsteadily
Example: "The candle flickered"
- verb: throw or toss with a quick motion
Example: "Flick a piece of paper across the table"
- verb: cause to move with a flick
Example: "He flicked his Bic"
- verb: cause to make a snapping sound
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5004)
Search for flick at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...