Definitions of fold:
- noun: the act of folding
Example: "He gave the napkins a double fold"
- noun: a pen for sheep
- noun: a folded part (as a fold of skin or muscle)
- noun: an angular or rounded shape made by folding
Example: "A fold in the napkin"
- noun: a group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church
- verb: incorporate a food ingredient into a mixture by repeatedly turning it over without stirring or beating
Example: "Fold the egg whites into the batter"
- verb: become folded or folded up
Example: "The bed folds in a jiffy"
- verb: bend or lay so that one part covers the other
Example: "Fold up the newspaper"
- verb: intertwine
Example: "Fold one's hands, arms, or legs"
- verb: cease to operate or cause to cease operating
- verb: confine in a fold, like sheep
Search for fold at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse