Definitions of frame:
- noun: one of a series of still transparent photographs on a strip of film used in making movies
- noun: alternative names for the body of a human being
- noun: a structure supporting or containing something
- noun: a period of play in baseball during which each team has a turn at bat
- noun: the internal supporting structure that gives an artifact its shape
- noun: the hard structure (bones and cartilages) that provides a frame for the body of an animal
- verb: enclose in a frame, as of a picture
- verb: draw up the plans or basic details for
Example: "Frame a policy"
- verb: formulate in a particular style or language
- verb: enclose in or as if in a frame
Example: "Frame a picture"
- verb: construct by fitting or uniting parts together
- verb: take or catch as if in a snare or trap
Example: "The innocent man was framed by the police"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4095)
Search for frame at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse