Definitions of frank:
- noun: a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
- noun: a member of the ancient Germanic peoples who spread from the Rhine into the Roman Empire in the 4th century
- verb: exempt by means of an official pass or letter, as from customs or other checks
- verb: stamp with a postmark to indicate date and time of mailing
- adjective: clearly manifest; evident
Example: "Frank enjoyment"
- adjective: characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
Example: "Tell me what you think--and you may just as well be frank"
- name: A male given name (very common: 1 in 172 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #31)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #453)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 50000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2691)
Search for frank at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse