Definitions of glass:
- noun: a glass container for holding liquids while drinking
- noun: glassware collectively
Example: "She collected old glass"
- noun: the quantity a glass will hold
- noun: a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
- noun: a small refracting telescope
- noun: a mirror; usually a ladies' dressing mirror
- noun: amphetamine used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- verb: scan (game in the forest) with binoculars
- verb: furnish with glass
Example: "Glass the windows"
- verb: enclose with glass
Example: "Glass in a porch"
- verb: put in a glass container
- verb: become glassy or take on a glass-like appearance
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5555 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #644)
Search for glass at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse