Definitions of Gordon:
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 1538 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #143)
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 961 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #172)
- noun: A village in Berwickshire, Scotland.
- noun: A Scottish habitational surname, from Celtic languages for someone from Gordon, Berwickshire.
- noun: An English habitational surname, from Anglo-Norman for someone from Gourdon, France.
- noun: An Irish habitational surname, from Irish, an anglicization of de Górdún (“of Gordon (Berwickshire)”).
- noun: An Irish patronymic surname, from Irish, an adopted anglicization of Mag Mhuirneacháin (“son of Muirneachán”) (traditionally Magournahan).
- noun: A Jewish habitational surname probably for someone from Grodno, Belarus.
- noun: A male given name transferred from the surname.
- noun: A suburb of Canberra; named for poet Adam Lindsay Gordon.
- noun: A suburb of Sydney; probably named for British Army officer James Willoughby Gordon.
- noun: A town in Victoria; named for early settler George Gordon.
- noun: A city in Georgia; named for railroad official William Washington Gordon.
- noun: A city in Nebraska; named for early settler John Gordon.
- noun: A city in Texas.
- noun: A town in Alabama.
- noun: A town in Ashland County, Wisconsin; named for fur trader Antoine Guerdon.
- noun: A town in Douglas County, Wisconsin.
- noun: A borough of Pennsylvania; named for judge David F. Gordon.
- noun: A village in Ohio; named for an early settler.
- noun: An unincorporated community in California.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Illinois.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Kansas.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Kentucky.
- noun: A river in Tasmania, Australia.
- noun: A river in Western Australia, Australia; named for British statesman George Hamilton-Gordon, 4th Earl of Aberdeen.
- noun: A Gordon setter.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Gordon at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia