Definitions of graduate:
- noun: a measuring instrument for measuring fluid volume; a glass container (cup or cylinder or flask) whose sides are marked with or divided into amounts
- noun: a person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university)
- verb: confer an academic degree upon
Example: "This school graduates 2,000 students each year"
- verb: receive an academic degree upon completion of one's studies
Example: "She graduated in 1990"
- verb: make fine adjustments or divide into marked intervals for optimal measuring
Example: "Graduate a cylinder"
Search for graduate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia