Definitions of great:
- adjective: more than usual
Example: "Great expectations"
- adjective: relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind
Example: "A great juicy steak"
- adjective: of major significance or importance
Example: "A great work of art"
- adjective: remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect
Example: "A great crisis"
- adjective: uppercase
Example: "Great A"
- adjective: marked by active interest and enthusiasm
Example: "A great walker"
- adjective: (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation
Example: "A great statesman"
- adjective: very good
Example: "Had a great time at the party"
Search for great at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia