Definitions of gutter:
- noun: a channel along the eaves or on the roof; collects and carries away rainwater
- noun: a tool for gutting fish
- noun: a worker who guts things (fish or buildings or cars etc.)
- noun: misfortune resulting in lost effort or money
Example: "His career was in the gutter"
- verb: flow in small streams
Example: "Tears guttered down her face"
- verb: burn unsteadily, feebly, or low; flicker
Example: "The cooling lava continued to gutter toward lower ground"
- verb: provide with gutters
Example: "Gutter the buildings"
- verb: wear or cut gutters into
Example: "The heavy rain guttered the soil"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #25551)
Search for gutter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia