Definitions of half:
- noun: in various games or performances: either of two periods of play separated by an interval
- noun: one of two equal parts of a divisible whole
Example: "Half a loaf"
- adjective: (of siblings) related through one parent only
Example: "A half brother"
- adverb: partially or to the extent of a half
Example: "He was half hidden by the bushes"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #51486)
Search for half at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia