Definitions of hell:
- noun: noisy and unrestrained mischief
- noun: (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment
- noun: a cause of difficulty and suffering
Example: "War is hell"
- noun: any place of pain and turmoil
Example: "The hell of battle"
- noun: violent and excited activity
- noun: (religion) the world of the dead
Example: "He didn't want to go to hell when he died"
Search for hell at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia