Definitions of here:
- noun: the present location; this place
Example: "Where do we go from here?"
- noun: queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology; sister and wife of Zeus remembered for her jealously of the many mortal women Zeus fell in love with; identified with Roman Juno
- adverb: in or at this place; where the speaker or writer is
Example: "I work here"
- adverb: to this place (especially toward the speaker)
Example: "Come here, please"
- adverb: in this circumstance or respect or on this point or detail
Example: "What do we have here?"
- adverb: at this time; now
Example: "We'll adjourn here for lunch and discuss the remaining issues this afternoon"
Search for here at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse