Definitions of heroic:
- noun: a verse form suited to the treatment of heroic or elevated themes; dactylic hexameter or iambic pentameter
- adjective: impressive in size or scope
Example: "Heroic undertakings"
- adjective: relating to or characteristic of heroes of antiquity
Example: "Heroic legends"
- adjective: having or displaying qualities appropriate for heroes
Example: "The heroic attack on the beaches of Normandy"
- adjective: very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale)
Example: "Of heroic proportions"
- adjective: showing extreme courage; especially of actions courageously undertaken in desperation as a last resort
Example: "They took heroic measures to save his life"
Search for heroic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse