Definitions of home:
- noun: an institution where people are cared for
Example: "A home for the elderly"
- noun: the country or state or city where you live
Example: "Canadian tariffs enabled United States lumber companies to raise prices at home"
- noun: where you live at a particular time
Example: "Deliver the package to my home"
- noun: place where something began and flourished
Example: "The United States is the home of basketball"
- noun: an environment offering affection and security
Example: "Home is where the heart is"
- noun: housing that someone is living in
Example: "They raise money to provide homes for the homeless"
- noun: the place where you are stationed and from which missions start and end
- noun: (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score
Example: "He ruled that the runner failed to touch home"
- noun: a social unit living together
Example: "The teacher asked how many people made up his home"
- verb: provide with, or send to, a home
- verb: return home accurately from a long distance
- adjective: relating to or being where one lives or where one's roots are
Example: "My home town"
- adverb: at or to or in the direction of one's home or family
Example: "He stays home on weekends"
- adverb: to the fullest extent; to the heart
Example: "Drove the nail home"
- adverb: on or to the point aimed at
Example: "The arrow struck home"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #56656)
Search for home at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse