Definitions of inactive:
- adjective: not in physical motion
- adjective: not engaged in military action
- adjective: not participating in a chemical reaction
Example: "Desired amounts of inactive chlorine"
- adjective: not active physically or mentally
Example: "Illness forced him to live an inactive life"
- adjective: not engaged in full-time work
Example: "Inactive reserve"
- adjective: lacking activity; lying idle or unused
Example: "An inactive mine"
- adjective: not progressing or increasing; or progressing slowly
- adjective: not active or exerting influence
- adjective: lacking in energy or will
- adjective: of e.g. volcanos; temporarily inactive
- adjective: of e.g. volcanos; permanently inactive
- adjective: temporarily inactive
Search for inactive at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia