Definitions of incidental:
- noun: an item that is incidental
- noun: (frequently plural) an expense not budgeted or not specified
Example: "He requested reimbursement of $7 for incidental expenses"
- adjective: (sometimes followed by `to') minor or casual or subordinate in significance or nature or occurring as a chance concomitant or consequence
Example: "Incidental expenses"
- adjective: not of prime or central importance
- adjective: following as a consequence
Example: "Snags incidental to the changeover in management"
Search for incidental at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia