Definitions of inclination:
- noun: the act of inclining; bending forward
Example: "An inclination of his head indicated his agreement"
- noun: an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others
Example: "He had an inclination to give up too easily"
- noun: that toward which you are inclined to feel a liking
Example: "Her inclination is for classical music"
- noun: (geometry) the angle formed by the x-axis and a given line (measured counterclockwise from the positive half of the x-axis)
- noun: (astronomy) the angle between the plane of the orbit and the plane of the ecliptic stated in degrees
- noun: a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect
Example: "The alkaline inclination of the local waters"
- noun: the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
Example: "He walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- noun: (physics) the angle that a magnetic needle makes with the plane of the horizon
Search for inclination at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia