Read some of the poems submitted to our vaccine poetry contest!
Definitions of issue:
- noun: the provision of something by issuing it (usually in quantity)
Example: "A new issue of stamps"
- noun: the act of issuing printed materials
- noun: an important question that is in dispute and must be settled
Example: "The issue could be settled by requiring public education for everyone"
- noun: one of a series published periodically
Example: "She found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waitingroom"
- noun: supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government
- noun: an opening that permits escape or release
Example: "The canyon had only one issue"
- noun: the income arising from land or other property
- noun: some situation or event that is thought about
- noun: the becoming visible
- noun: the immediate descendants of a person
Example: "He died without issue"
- noun: a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- verb: circulate or distribute or equip with
Example: "Issue a new uniform to the children"
- verb: come out of
Example: "Water issued from the hole in the wall"
- verb: bring out an official document (such as a warrant)
- verb: make out and issue
- verb: prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
Search for issue at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse