Definitions of Kemp:
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 5000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #588)
- noun: (obsolete) Coarse, rough hair, wool, or fur; (in the plural) knotty hairs that will not felt.
- adjective: (obsolete) Shaggy; rough.
- verb: (intransitive, obsolete) To strive or contend in any way; strive for victory.
- noun: (Scotland, archaic) A contest in work, etc.
- noun: (obsolete) A champion; a knight.
- noun: A surname.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Douglas County, Illinois.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Allen County, Ohio.
- noun: A small town in Bryan County, Oklahoma.
- noun: A small city in Kaufman County, Texas.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Kemp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia