Definitions of kite:
- noun: any of several small graceful hawks of the family Accipitridae having long pointed wings and feeding on insects and small animals
- noun: plaything consisting of a light frame covered with tissue paper; flown in wind at end of a string
- noun: a bank check drawn on insufficient funds at another bank in order to take advantage of the float
- noun: a bank check that has been fraudulently altered to increase its face value
- verb: get credit or money by using a bad check
Example: "The businessman kited millions of dollars"
- verb: increase the amount (of a check) fraudulently
Example: "He kited many checks"
- verb: fly a kite
Example: "They kited the Red Dragon model"
- verb: soar or fly like a kite
Example: "The pilot kited for a long time over the mountains"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5442)
Search for kite at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse