Definitions of length:
- noun: a section of something that is long and narrow
Example: "A length of timber"
- noun: the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest horizontal dimension of something that is fixed in place
Example: "The length of the table was 5 feet"
- noun: the property of being the extent of something from beginning to end
Example: "The editor limited the length of my article to 500 words"
- noun: continuance in time
Example: "He complained about the length of time required"
- noun: size of the gap between two places
Example: "He determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
Search for length at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse