Definitions of loss:
- noun: the act of losing
Example: "Everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock"
- noun: the disadvantage that results from losing something
Example: "His loss of credibility led to his resignation"
- noun: the experience of losing a loved one
Example: "He sympathized on the loss of their grandfather"
- noun: the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue
Example: "The company operated at a loss last year"
- noun: something that is lost
Example: "The car was a total loss"
- noun: gradual decline in amount or activity
Example: "Weight loss"
- noun: euphemistic expressions for death
- noun: military personnel lost by death or capture
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #23630)
Search for loss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse