Definitions of lost:
- noun: people who are destined to die soon
- adjective: no longer in your possession or control; unable to be found or recovered
Example: "A lost child"
- adjective: spiritually or physically doomed or destroyed
Example: "Lost souls"
- adjective: not gained or won
Example: "A lost battle"
- adjective: incapable of being recovered or regained
Example: "His lost honor"
- adjective: not caught with the senses or the mind
Example: "Words lost in the din"
- adjective: unable to function; without help
- adjective: no longer known; irretrievable
Example: "A lost art"
- adjective: having lost your bearings; confused as to time or place or personal identity
- adjective: perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment
Example: "She felt lost on the first day of school"
Search for lost at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse