Definitions of lurch:
- noun: an unsteady uneven gait
- noun: the act of moving forward suddenly
- noun: abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance)
- noun: a decisive defeat in a game (especially in cribbage)
- verb: move slowly and unsteadily
Example: "The truck lurched down the road"
- verb: defeat by a lurch
- verb: move abruptly
Example: "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
- verb: loiter about, with no apparent aim
- verb: walk as if unable to control one's movements
Search for lurch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia