Definitions of lyric:
- noun: a short poem of songlike quality
- noun: the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number
Example: "His compositions always started with the lyrics"
- verb: write lyrics for (a song)
- adjective: used of a singer or singing voice that is light in volume and modest in range
Example: "A lyric soprano"
- adjective: of or relating to a category of poetry that expresses emotion (often in a songlike way)
Example: "Lyric poetry"
- adjective: relating to or being musical drama
Example: "The lyric stage"
- adjective: expressing deep personal emotion
Example: "The dancer's lyrical performance"
Search for lyric at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia