Definitions of maidan:
- noun: (chiefly South Asia) A marketplace or other open space in or by a city or town; an esplanade.
- noun: Independence Square, the main city square in Kiev, Ukraine.
- noun: The Orange Revolution protests that took place in Kiev’s Maidan in 2004–05; the Euromaidan protests of 2013–14; the protest movement associated with the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution.
- noun: Ellipsis of Maidan Shahr The capital of Maidan Wardak, Afghanistan
- noun: Ellipsis of Maidan Wardak A province of Afghanistan
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for maidan at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia