Definitions of Media:
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #55517)
- noun: (anatomy) The middle layer of the wall of a blood vessel or lymph vessel which is composed of connective and muscular tissue.
- noun: (linguistics, dated) A voiced stop consonant.
- noun: (entomology) One of the major veins of the insect wing, between the radius and the cubitus
- noun: (zoology) An ant specialized as a forager in a leaf-cutter ant colony.
- noun: (often treated as uncountable) Means and institutions for publishing and broadcasting information.
- noun: (often treated as uncountable) The totality of content items (television shows, films, books, etc) which are broadcast or published.
- noun: (usually with a definite article; often treated as uncountable) The journalists and other professionals who comprise the mass communication industry.
- noun: (computing) Files and data comprising material viewable by humans, but usually not plain text; audiovisual material.
- adjective: (computing) Clipping of multimedia.
- noun: (historical) A region in northwestern Iran, originally inhabited by the Medes
- noun: (historical) The territories corresponding to the empire ruled by dynasts from Media.
- noun: A borough, the county seat of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Media at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse