Definitions of mellow:
- verb: make or grow (more) mellow
Example: "These apples need to mellow a bit more"
- verb: become more relaxed, easygoing, or genial
Example: "With age, he mellowed"
- verb: soften, make mellow
Example: "Age and experience mellowed him over the years"
- adjective: having attained to kindliness or gentleness through age and experience
Example: "Mellow wisdom"
- adjective: having a full and pleasing flavor through proper aging
Example: "A mellow port"
- adjective: having or suggesting softness and richness in quality
Example: "A mellow sound"
- adjective: slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug (especially marijuana)
- adjective: unhurried and relaxed
Example: "A mellow conversation"
- adverb: (obsolete) in a mellow manner
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39890)
Search for mellow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse