Definitions of minor:
- noun: a young person of either sex
- adjective: limited in size or scope
- adjective: inferior in number or size or amount
Example: "A minor share of the profits"
- adjective: lesser in scope or effect
Example: "Had minor differences"
- adjective: not of legal age
Example: "Minor children"
- adjective: of a scale or mode
Example: "The minor keys"
- adjective: of your secondary field of academic concentration or specialization
- adjective: of lesser importance or stature or rank
Example: "A minor poet"
- adjective: of lesser seriousness or danger
Example: "Suffered only minor injuries"
- adjective: warranting only temporal punishment
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 8333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1014)
Search for minor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse