Definitions of minute:
- noun: a short note
Example: "The secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting"
- noun: a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a degree
- noun: a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour
Example: "He ran a 4 minute mile"
- noun: distance measured by the time taken to cover it
Example: "Its just 10 minutes away"
- noun: a particular point in time
- noun: an indefinitely short time
Example: "It only takes a minute"
- adjective: characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination
Example: "A minute inspection of the grounds"
- adjective: infinitely or immeasurably small
Example: "Two minute whiplike threads of protoplasm"
- adjective: immeasurably small
Search for minute at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia