Definitions of moon:
- noun: any natural satellite of a planet
Example: "Jupiter has sixteen moons"
- noun: the natural satellite of the Earth
Example: "The average distance to the moon is 384,400 kilometers"
- noun: any object resembling a moon
Example: "He made a moon lamp that he used as a night light"
- noun: United States religious leader (born in Korea) who founded the Unification Church in 1954; was found guilty of conspiracy to evade taxes (born in 1920)
- noun: the period between successive new moons (29.531 days)
- noun: the light of the moon
Example: "Moonlight is the smuggler's enemy"
- verb: expose one's buttocks to
Example: "Moon the audience"
- verb: be idle in a listless or dreamy way
- verb: have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 6250 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #756)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3863)
Search for moon at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse