Definitions of natural:
- noun: (craps) a first roll of 7 or 11 that immediately wins the stake
- noun: a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
- noun: someone regarded as certain to succeed
Example: "He's a natural for the job"
- adjective: being talented through inherited qualities
Example: "A natural leader"
- adjective: related by blood; not adopted
Example: "Natural parent"
- adjective: in accordance with nature; relating to or concerning nature
Example: "A very natural development"
- adjective: existing in or produced by nature; not artificial or imitation
Example: "A natural pearl"
- adjective: existing in or in conformity with nature or the observable world; neither supernatural nor magical
Example: "A perfectly natural explanation"
- adjective: of a key containing no sharps or flats
Example: "B natural"
- adjective: functioning or occurring in a normal way; lacking abnormalities or deficiencies
Example: "It's the natural thing to happen"
- adjective: (used especially of commodities) in the natural unprocessed condition
Example: "Natural yogurt"
- adjective: unthinking; prompted by (or as if by) instinct
Example: "A cat's natural aversion to water"
- adjective: unaffected and natural looking
Example: "A natural reaction"
Search for natural at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse