Definitions of notice:
- noun: the act of noticing or paying attention
Example: "He escaped the notice of the police"
- noun: polite or favorable attention
Example: "His hard work soon attracted the teacher's notice"
- noun: a short critical review
Example: "The play received good notices"
- noun: an announcement containing information about a future event
Example: "You didn't give me enough notice"
- noun: advance notification (usually written) of the intention to withdraw from an arrangement or contract
Example: "We received a notice to vacate the premises"
- noun: a request for payment
- noun: a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
- verb: notice or perceive
- verb: express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with
- verb: make or write a comment on
- verb: discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69586)
Search for notice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse