Definitions of office:
- noun: a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities
Example: "The offices of the mass"
- noun: place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed
Example: "He rented an office in the new building"
- noun: professional or clerical workers in an office
Example: "The whole office was late the morning of the blizzard"
- noun: (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power
Example: "Being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"
- noun: the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group
- noun: a job in an organization
- noun: an administrative unit of government
Example: "Office of Management and Budget"
Search for office at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse