Definitions of ordinary:
- noun: (heraldry) any of several conventional figures used on shields
- noun: an early bicycle with a very large front wheel and small back wheel
- noun: a judge of a probate court
- noun: a clergyman appointed to prepare condemned prisoners for death
- noun: the expected or commonplace condition or situation
Example: "Not out of the ordinary"
- adjective: not exceptional in any way especially in quality or ability or size or degree
Example: "Ordinary everyday objects"
- adjective: lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered
Example: "The ordinary (or common) man in the street"
Search for ordinary at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia