Definitions of organic:
- noun: a fertilizer that is derived from animal or vegetable matter
- adjective: relating or belonging to the class of chemical compounds having a carbon basis
Example: "Hydrocarbons are organic compounds"
- adjective: being or relating to or derived from or having properties characteristic of living organisms
Example: "Organic life"
- adjective: of or relating to foodstuff grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones
Example: "Organic eggs"
- adjective: of or relating to or derived from living organisms
Example: "Organic soil"
- adjective: involving or affecting physiology or bodily organs
Example: "An organic disease"
- adjective: simple and healthful and close to nature
Example: "An organic lifestyle"
- adjective: constitutional in the structure of something (especially your physical makeup)
Search for organic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...