Definitions of overhead:
- noun: a hard return hitting the tennis ball above your head
- noun: (nautical) the top surface of an enclosed space on a ship
- noun: a transparency for use with an overhead projector
- noun: (computer science) the disk space required for non-data information (used for location and timing)
- noun: the expense of maintaining property (e.g., paying property taxes and utilities and insurance); it does not include depreciation or the cost of financing or income taxes
- noun: (computer science) the processing time required by a device prior to the execution of a command
- adjective: located or originating from above
Example: "An overhead crossing"
- adverb: above the head; over the head
Example: "Bring the legs together overhead"
- adverb: above your head; in the sky
Example: "Planes were flying overhead"
Search for overhead at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia