Definitions of peak:
- noun: the top point of a mountain or hill
Example: "The view from the peak was magnificent"
- noun: a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes
- noun: the highest point (of something)
Example: "At the peak of the pyramid"
- noun: the most extreme possible amount or value
Example: "Voltage peak"
- noun: a V shape
- noun: the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- noun: the highest level or degree attainable
Example: "The peak of perfection"
- verb: to reach the highest point; attain maximum intensity, activity
Example: "That wild, speculative spirit peaked in 1929"
- adjective: of a period of maximal use or demand or activity
Example: "At peak hours the streets traffic is unbelievable"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3004)
Search for peak at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia