Definitions of peg:
- noun: a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
- noun: a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- noun: regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
- noun: a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
- noun: small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- noun: informal terms of the leg
- verb: stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations
Example: "The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar"
- verb: fasten or secure with a wooden pin
Example: "Peg a tent"
- verb: pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into into
- verb: succeed in obtaining a position
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3778)
Search for peg at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse