Definitions of phase:
- noun: (astronomy) the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth's moon that is illuminated by the sun)
Example: "The full phase of the moon"
- noun: (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary
Example: "The reaction occurs in the liquid phase of the system"
- noun: a particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle
- noun: any distinct time period in a sequence of events
- verb: adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition
Example: "He phased the intake with the output of the machine"
- verb: arrange in phases or stages
Example: "Phase a withdrawal"
Search for phase at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...