Definitions of piece:
- noun: a separate part of a whole
Example: "An important piece of the evidence"
- noun: an item that is an instance of some type
Example: "He designed a new piece of equipment"
- noun: a distance
Example: "It is down the road a piece"
- noun: an artistic or literary composition
Example: "He wrote an interesting piece on Iran"
- noun: an instance of some kind
Example: "It was a nice piece of work"
- noun: a serving that has been cut from a larger portion
Example: "A piece of pie"
- noun: a portable gun
- noun: game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games
Example: "He sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
- noun: a portion of a natural object
Example: "He needed a piece of granite"
- noun: a share of something
- noun: a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition
Example: "I need to rest for a piece"
- noun: a work of art of some artistic value
Example: "It is not known who created this piece"
- noun: a musical work that has been created
- verb: repair by adding pieces
Example: "She pieced the china cup"
- verb: join during spinning
Example: "Piece the broken pieces of thread, slivers, and rovings"
- verb: to join or unite the pieces of
- verb: make by putting pieces together
Example: "She pieced a quilt"
- verb: eat intermittently; take small bites of
Example: "He pieced at the sandwich all morning"
Search for piece at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse