Definitions of plug:
- noun: blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
- noun: an electrical device with two or three pins that is inserted in a socket to make an electrical connection
- noun: an upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire
- noun: electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark
- noun: an old or over-worked horse
- noun: blatant or sensational promotion
- noun: a wad of something chewable as tobacco
- verb: persist in working hard
Example: "Students must plug away at this problem"
- verb: make a plug for; praise the qualities or in order to sell or promote
- verb: fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug
Example: "Plug the hole"
- verb: deliver a quick blow to
Search for plug at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia