Definitions of pocket:
- noun: a small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles
- noun: an opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
- noun: a small isolated group of people
Example: "They were concentrated in pockets inside the city"
- noun: a supply of money
Example: "They dipped into the taxpayers' pockets"
- noun: (bowling) the space between the headpin and the pins next bnehind it on the right or left
Example: "The ball hit the pocket and gave him a perfect strike"
- noun: (anatomy) saclike structure in any of various animals (as a marsupial or gopher or pelican)
- noun: a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly
- noun: a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- noun: an enclosed space
Example: "The trapped miners found a pocket of air"
- verb: put in one's pocket
Example: "He pocketed the change"
- verb: take unlawfully
Search for pocket at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse