Definitions of practice:
- noun: a customary way of operation or behavior
Example: "It is their practice to give annual raises"
- noun: translating an idea into action
Example: "A hard theory to put into practice"
- noun: the exercise of a profession
Example: "The practice of the law"
- noun: knowledge of how something is usually done
Example: "It is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
- noun: systematic training by multiple repetitions
Example: "Practice makes perfect"
- verb: avail oneself to
Example: "Practice a religion"
- verb: carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
Example: "Practice law"
- verb: learn by repetition
Example: "Pianists practice scales"
- verb: engage in a rehearsal (of)
Search for practice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia