Read some of the poems submitted to our vaccine poetry contest!
Definitions of preparation:
- noun: the activity of putting or setting in order in advance of some act or purpose
Example: "Preparations for the ceremony had begun"
- noun: (music) a note that produces a dissonant chord is first heard in a consonant chord
Example: "The resolution of one dissonance is often the preparation for another disonance"
- noun: activity leading to skilled behavior
- noun: the cognitive process of thinking about what you will do in the event of something happening
- noun: a substance prepared according to a formula
- noun: the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat
Example: "He left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- noun: preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home)
- noun: the state of having been made ready or prepared for use or action (especially military action)
Example: "Their preparation was more than adequate"
Search for preparation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse